Advetisement for Bids - Albert Lea Lake Outlet Modifications
Shell Rock River Watershed District
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Albert Lea Lake Outlet Modifications
Bids Due: November 21, 2013
The Shell Rock River Watershed District will receive bids until 2:00 p.m. local time on date noted above, at 214 West Main St., Albert Lea, MN 56007. Bids received after this time will not be accepted. Bids will be opened publicly and read aloud at 2:00 p.m. local time on date noted above, at the Shell Rock River Watershed District office. Bids shall be on a unit price basis; segregated bids will not be accepted.
The Shell Rock River Watershed District will receive sealed bids on a General Contract for Work including, but not limited to, removal of an existing dam and bridge, construction of a rock riffle spillway, construction of a concrete drawdown structure, construction of an electric fish barrier, miscellaneous earthwork, and site restoration. Estimated quantities are provided below:
Dam Replacement & Rock Riffle Spillway
Water Control 1 LS
Demolish Bridge 1 LS
Demolish Dam 1 LS
Steel Sheet Piling 4250 SF
Base Rock 1870 Tons
Granular Filter 1000 Tons
Boulders 134 EA
Helical Piles 34 EA
Helical Anchors 5 EA
Open Graded Gravel 305 Tons
Reinforced Concrete 137 CY
Embankment Raise 1610 CY
Electric Fish Barrier
Insulated Concrete 321 CY
Steel Reinforcement 3.0 Tons
FRP Reinforcement 24,935 LF
Steel Plate Electrodes 446 SF
Electrode Wiring 2800 LF
Control Building 1 LS
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held at 1:00 p.m. on November 12, 2013 at The Shell Rock River Watershed District Office.
Complete digital project documents are available at
for assistance in free membership registration, downloading, and working with this digital project information.
Bidding Documents may be examined at the Engineer’s office at:
Barr Engineering Co.
4700 West 77th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55435
Attn: Sue Nelson
Shell Rock River Watershed District Office
214 West Main St.
Albert Lea, MN 56007
Paper copies of the Bidding Documents may be obtained at the Engineer’s office upon payment of the non-refundable sum of $100.00 (check or cash only) for each set of documents. If paid by check, the check shall be made payable to: Barr Engineering Co. Partial sets of the Bidding Documents will not be issued.
Bid Security in the amount of 5% of the bid must accompany each bid in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders.
The Shell Rock River Watershed District reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive informalities, and to accept any bid deemed to be most favorable to the interest of the Shell Rock River Watershed District and the best value to the Shell Rock River Watershed District. The best value will be determined by:
• The quality of the vendors or contractor’s performance on previous projects
• The timeliness of the vendors or contractor’s performance on previous projects
• The level of customer satisfaction with the vendors or contractor’s performance on previous projects
• The vendors or contractor’s record of performing previous projects on budget and ability to minimize cost overruns
• The vendors or contractor’s ability to minimize change orders
• The vendors or contractor’s ability to prepare approximate project plans
• The vendors or contractor’s technical capabilities
• The individual qualifications of the contractor’s key personnel
• The vendors or contractor’s ability to access and minimize risk
All work required to be completed as part of this project shall be completed by the following dates as outlined in the contract documents:
• The work shall be substantially completed on or before February 27, 2015.
• The work shall be completed and ready for final payment on or before July 17, 2015.
By order of Shell Rock River Watershed District
By: Andy Henschel, Project Manager